Officials from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided the building of an unaccredited university in Virginia Thursday and told its officials that the government intended to stop the institution from enrolling foreign students, NBC News's Washington affiliate reported. The television station's website said a note on a door at the University of Northern Virginia said that the institution must temporarily cease enrolling foreign students. The institution enrolls many students from India, and the U.S. government has cracked down in recent months on institutions suspected of helping students earn visas through the pursuit of a questionable education.
- Avoiding Showdown on Agents
- Semi-Contact Sport
- Fixing Debt
- Audit Raises Questions on U. of California Spending
- State Says Mich. State and Wayne State Edge Under Tuition Cap
- Foursquare takes aim at college campuses
- Rankings Are Useful -- But Go Beyond 'U.S. News'
- In wake of reports on false data, 'U.S. News' considers a new way to promote accuracy
Search for Jobs