- Momentum for Gender Neutrality
- Arkansas-Fort Smith transgender student wins access to women's restrooms
- UC grad student employees bargain for right to gender-neutral bathrooms, lactation stations
- Settlement favoring transgender student has implications for higher ed
- Gender Status and Single-Sex Dorms
As more and more colleges provide gender-neutral dorms and bathrooms, Grinnell College has become one of the few to include a locker room in its offerings. A handful of other colleges, such as the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Washington State University, have similar facilities available for transgender students, those with families or others who prefer a gender-neutral option. Several other institutions, including the Universities of Cincinnati and Massachusetts at Amherst, have built private, single-use changing rooms, while others have promised to do so when any new facilities are built. Still, Grinnell’s decision is generating buzz – and not all of it is positive.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories