- Foxx criticizes private college leaders for not defending for-profit colleges
- For-profit fights resume with new twists on old debates
- Republicans spar with administration over gainful employment and college ratings
- Congress hears about the role of accreditation and online partnerships
- 'Good Day' for For-Profit Colleges
For-profit colleges have done a better job of being mindful about efficiency and effectiveness than their nonprofit peers, U.S. Representative Virginia Foxx, who heads the House subcommittee on higher education, said during a panel discussion on Monday. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools hosted the event, which was on workforce training. Representative Foxx, a North Carolina Republican, also said the federal government has not scrutinized nonprofit colleges with the same vigor as for-profits, noting that "accountability hits the new kid on the block hardest."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories