The president of the University of South Florida, Judy Genshaft, on Tuesday fired the head of the university's Polytechnic branch campus, the Associated Press reported. The dismissal comes amid an escalating dispute over the branch. Its supporters want it to become independent -- a move opposed by Genshaft. Others have said that construction costs at the new campus are too high.
- More Mystery Gifts
- NCAA Appoints Presidents to Panel on Future of Sports
- U. of South Florida softens financial management plan after administrator resigns in protest
- Florida Polytechnic U. to offer multi-year contracts, not tenure, to faculty
- Whose Job Is It?
- No Convictions for Al-Arian
- NCAA board approves athletic eligibility rules for division I athletes
- U of Missouri leaders resign amid student concerns over racism and diversity
Search for Jobs