Organizers have failed in their attempt to gather enough petition signatures to force a vote in California on whether to repeal the state's Dream Act, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. The drive needed about 500,000 signatures and was about 57,000 short. California's Dream Act allows -- in certain circumstances -- students who lack the legal documentation to live in the United States to receive state financial aid.
- Michiganders Will Vote on Affirmative Action
- Fleshing Out the Federal Budget
- Several ballot measures could have significant impact on higher ed this November
- National Hispanic U.'s teach-out raises questions about Hispanic student market
- Hot Button Decisions in California
- Maryland passes Dream Act
- Dare to DREAM... in 2009?
- U.S. proposes easier default rate appeals for community colleges
Search for Jobs