Obama Announces 2011 National Humanities Medals
February 13, 2012
President Obama on Friday announced the recipients of the 2011 National Humanities Medals:
- Kwame Anthony Appiah, a professor of philosophy at Princeton University.
- John Ashbery, the poet.
- Robert Darnton, a professor of history and librarian at Harvard University.
- Andrew Delbanco, professor of humanities at Columbia University.
- Charles Rosen, the music writer.
- Teofilo Ruiz, a professor of history and chair of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of California at Los Angeles.
- Ramón Saldívar, a professor of English and comparative literature at Stanford University.
- Amartya Sen, a professor of economics and philosophy at Harvard University.
Complete biographies of the winners may be found here.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Jersey City, NJ
Mount Vernon, IA
Becker College is a private, independent, co-educational four-year college offering undergraduate (associate’s and bachelor’s) degrees, and adult...
Morton College, the second oldest community college in Illinois, was founded in 1924 to meet the educational demands in the growing communities of...