The Ray Charles Foundation is demanding the return of $3 million given to Albany State University by Charles in 2001 and 2002, the Associated Press reported. The foundation says that Charles made the gift for a performing arts center, which has yet to be built. University officials said that they are still seeking money for the center, and that the funds were not limited to use on the planned arts center.
- Facing Faculty Opposition, York U. Won't Accept $30M Gift
- Giving to colleges grew 8.2 percent in 2011
- Review of "Swift Viewing: The Popular Life of Subliminal Influence"
- Albany State Returns Funds to Ray Charles Foundation
- Canadian Universities' Growing Pension Deficits
- Britain Shifts Rules for Foreign Students
- Essay on how to enjoy a sabbatical
- New Broadway play and essay collection both focus on writing workshops
Search for Jobs