The Ray Charles Foundation is demanding the return of $3 million given to Albany State University by Charles in 2001 and 2002, the Associated Press reported. The foundation says that Charles made the gift for a performing arts center, which has yet to be built. University officials said that they are still seeking money for the center, and that the funds were not limited to use on the planned arts center.
- Quick Takes: $101 Million Arts Gift at Princeton, Indictment for Lab Arson, Bridgewater Students Charged in Stabbing, President Quits Troubled Medical University, '2020 Vision' for NSF, Does Higher Ed Encourage Belief in Ghosts?
- With Friends Like These ...
- We're All Getting Better
- Quick Takes: Judge Rejects Anti-Evolution Suit Against Berkeley, $200M to Columbia for Neuroscience, $200M to NYU for Ancient World, Soccer Deal for Rowan, Maine Calls Off Merger, Stem Cell Researcher Fired, Improving Job Market for New Grads
- NYU vote of no confidence highlights divergent views of faculty role in governance
- A Call to Arts
- Not Just Florida State
- Quick Takes: Ky. College Loosens Baptist Ties, Albany Colleges Fight With Philanthropist, Nonprofit Governance Reform
Search for Jobs