Two more colleges have sued the Obama administration over its requirement that religious employers, including colleges, provide insurance covering birth control -- despite a recent compromise that would require the insurance company, not the institution, to pay for that coverage. Louisiana College, a Baptist institution, and Geneva College, a Pennsylvania college affiliated with the Reformed Presbyterian Church, filed lawsuits Tuesday with assistance from the Alliance Defense Fund. They join two colleges that have filed suit through the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty. The Alliance Defense Fund says that more lawsuits can be expected.
- Catholic, Christian colleges challenge contraception coverage clause
- Department of Health and Human Services issues final rule on contraceptive mandate
- California tells insurance providers that they can't cut abortion
- Religious Freedom or Bias?
- Wheaton College covered emergency contraception before mandate controversy
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories