China's government is encouraging its universities to hire more Western academics, The New York Times reported. Much of the recruiting is through the Thousand Foreign Experts program, which aims to recruit 1,000 people from outside China to work in Chinese universities over the next 10 years. Similar efforts in the past have focused on Chinese immigrants to Western countries, but the new program is designed to attract top academic talent without existing ties to the country.
- Rose-Colored Glasses on China?
- Documenting China's Higher Ed Explosion
- The Mobile International Student
- Universities 2030: Learning from the Past to Anticipate the Future
- Red Hot China
- Brain Drain Is Not Inevitable
- Confucius Institutes: China’s Global Presence
- 'Toolkit' for Helping Chinese Higher Education
Search for Jobs