The social media site LinkedIn has declared college adjunct to be one of the fastest growing job titles in the United States, The Economist reported. The LinkedIn analysis is based on people adding the job title, and is offered as an example of how LinkedIn can analyze labor market trends. Some commenting on the article suggest that LinkedIn may be a better reflection of the population that is job hunting or in need of better work, not the entire labor market. The Economist's comment on adjuncts: "an ill-paid, overworked species of academic."
- Adjunct Nation
- LinkedIn, other data aggregators heighten presence in college-prep marketplace
- Cornell's business school lets students apply using LinkedIn profiles
- LinkedIn Adds Sections For Students
- 5 Reasons To Spend $154 On Print News
- Academia's 3Ms (Merit, Money, Marriage)
- Should We Connect on LinkedIn?
- New rankings system from LinkedIn based on employment outcomes of a huge sample
Search for Jobs