The National University of Singapore has revoked the scholarship of and imposed other punishments on a Chinese student who posted online comments saying that Singaporeans were "more dogs than humans," Asia One reported. The comment infuriated many in Singapore. The student -- who has apologized -- must pay a fine of $3,000 and do three months of community service to be eligible to graduate.
- Is Yale a Reliable Partner for the National University of Singapore?
- Habitats for Academic Freedom
- University of Nevada at Las Vegas to end relationship with its Singaporean partner
- Deterritorializing Academic Freedom: Reflections Inspired by Yale-NUS College (and the London Eye)
- A Divorce in Singapore
- Settlement in Singapore Over Failed University
- 'World Class Worldwide'
- NYU establishes campuses and sites around the globe
Search for Jobs