The Canadian government has slashed funds that have supported Canadian studies programs in the United States, The Vancouver Observer reported. "This is the first year in history that the government has denied funding dozens of grant applications from across the U.S.," said Nadine Fabbi, associate director of Canadian studies at the University of Washington. "These grants have significantly strengthened Canada's voice in the U.S. on issues that range from the Keystone XL pipeline to water resources to Arctic sovereignty."
- More Aid ≠ More Graduates
- Can Canada Attract American Students?
- Quick Takes: Firebombs at 2 Santa Cruz Homes, Trustee Dates Administrator, Researcher Faces Deportation, Scrutiny of Stanford, Education Dept. Faulted, Texas Southern Loses Suit, Faculty Union Sues Over Raises, Bible College Feud, Turmoil in Newfoundland
- Socioeconomically unsustainable
- Reflections on UBC's Unexpected Leadership Transition
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories