The Press-Enterprise describes an awkward situation recently at a high school in Riverside, California when the winner was announced for a scholarship for black students. The winner was white. The student had applied for every possible scholarship, and the application form said only that black students were "encouraged to apply," without any statement that the funds were only for black students. In fact, as materials sent to the high school indicated, the scholarship was only for black students. The original winner returned the funds.
- Shootings Kill 3, Injure 3 in Off-Campus Residence of Auburn Students
- Student video raises questions about college marketing strategies
- Showdown Ahead on Israeli Higher Ed Center in West Bank
- Experts speculate on possible business models for MOOC providers
- Essay on the changes that may most threaten traditional higher education
- Essay on need for academics to take vacations
- U. of Virginia president to leave over 'philosophical differences'
- Conference considers state of student assessment
Search for Jobs