Germany's Karlsruhe Institute of Technology has started using near simultaneous translation to create subtitles on websites devoted to course lectures, DW.DE reported. Many foreign students struggle to speak German at a level to follow the lectures, so this plan is designed to increase their comprehension of the substance of the lectures.
- Higher Ed and the Third Reich
- Academics in Germany rebel against rankings system
- Our Wise Politicians
- Commentary on Heidegger's Black Notebooks
- European educators consider how their MOOCs could compete with those from U.S.
- Guest Review: Logic: The Question of Truth
- Translating MOOCs
- Essay argues that English professors can be entrepreneurs
Search for Jobs