The Illinois Labor Relations Board has certified the University of Illinois at Chicago United Faculty Union as the exclusive bargaining representative (through two units) of full-time tenured/tenure-track faculty members, and of full-time, non-tenure-track faculty members. The union originally wanted to represent both groups in the same unit, but the university objected. After several rounds of legal fighting, the union filed for -- and now has won recognition -- for two separate units. United Faculty is affiliated with the American Federation of Teachers and the American Association of University Professors.
- Appeals court rejects faculty union at U. of Illinois at Chicago
- Divide and Conquer?
- One Big Faculty Union
- U. Illinois at Chicago, Faculty Union Reach Contract Deal
- Non-Tenure-Track U of Chicago Faculty Form Union
- Adjuncts at Wright State Vote to Unionize
- U. of Illinois at Chicago Faculty Strike for First Contract
- Union Certified at Illinois-Chicago
Search for Jobs