On many campuses, the administrator's career path might go from being a dean to becoming provost. Stanford University on Wednesday announced for the second time in two years that it was filling a dean's job with a provost. Last year, Stanford named Claude Steele (then provost at Columbia University) to become education dean. On Wednesday, Stanford named Lloyd B. Minor (provost at Johns Hopkins University) as its next medical school dean.
- STEM doctoral students have declining interest in tenure track jobs
- Wheaton of Illinois Joins Suit Over Contraception
- How colleges can best connect with prospective students (essay)
- NLRB: Columbia College Chicago Violated Labor Law
- New collection of "exam howlers"
- Penn State Trustees Sat on Proposed Oversight Plans
- Berkeley Appoints Stanford's Claude Steele as Provost
- From Provost to Education Dean
Search for Jobs