On many campuses, the administrator's career path might go from being a dean to becoming provost. Stanford University on Wednesday announced for the second time in two years that it was filling a dean's job with a provost. Last year, Stanford named Claude Steele (then provost at Columbia University) to become education dean. On Wednesday, Stanford named Lloyd B. Minor (provost at Johns Hopkins University) as its next medical school dean.
- Candace Thille moves to Stanford
- New Presidents or Provosts: Florida Memorial U., Shorter College, Tidewater Community College, Wright State U.
- Quick Takes: McCain Criticizes Teacher Ed, New Poet Laureate, No Rush in California, SUNY Candidates, Rethinking Pre-Med, Dean Out at Toledo, Bonus Repaid, FOIA Limits in Michigan, Laureate Keeps Buying, Canadians Rethink Jewish Holidays
- Turning a Blind Eye
- Reputation Without Rigor
- Essay on new college presidents who get their advice from the wrong people
- New Presidents or Provosts: Black Hawk College, Johns Hopkins U., South Arkansas CC, Spartanburg CC, Towson U.
- Window on College's Troubled Soul
Search for Jobs