- U. of North Carolina shuts down whistle-blower on athletes
- Rutgers president faces controversy on multiple fronts, including athletics
- U. of Georgia swimming coach suspended after encouraging professor to enroll student in concluded course
- Report finds that academic fraud at U. of North Carolina lasted nearly 20 years
- UNC scandal report clears athletics, faculty; no-show classes date back further than reported
A faculty study of athletics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has called for an outside review of the relationship between athletics and academics at the university, The News and Observer reported. The panel concluded that recent scandals were not isolated incidents, but reflected broader problems, such as poor oversight, improper roles for athletes' academic counselors and a culture in which faculty members feel shut out of decisions about athletics programs.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories