- New Presidents or Provosts: Butler U., Bryn Mawr College, Mass. College of Pharmacy and Health, U. of Windsor
- New presidents or provosts: Bristol FAU Frostburg John Wood Trent Upper Iowa Wheaton
- In Canada, a push for international students -- and immigrants
- Stripping His Way to a Ph.D.
- Quick Takes: Pentagon Withdraws Proposed Restrictions, Fredonia Professor Wins Promotion Fight, Canadian Universities Unite Against Rankings, Bush Signs Technical Education Bill, Stanford Opens Online High School
The advanced education minister in British Columbia has sent a notice to universities, urging them to be vigilant that strip clubs may be trying to recruit students, Maclean's reported. "Students, who often feel new stresses due to new living environments and managing their own affairs for the first time, may be tempted by these monetary inducements," said the letter from the minister, Naomi Yamamoto. Her concern follows reports from Windsor, Ontario about strip club owners there offering to pay tuition for female students willing to strip -- and to maintain a B average in the courses.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories