Under pressure from his board, Lars Hafner agreed Tuesday to resign as president of the State College of Florida, The Bradeton Herald reported. Two trustees -- who were not among those who clashed wtih Hafner -- then announced that they were quitting. Hafner's supporters, including many who work at the college, say he was a strong advovate for the institution and helped it expand. His board critics were appointees of Governor Rick Scott, a Republican, and said Hafner had failed to practice fiscal conservatism.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Florida Gulf Coast U., Manatee CC, Marylhurst U., Metropolitan State U., Northwest Nazarene U., Quinnipiac U., U. of Southern Mississippi
- Texas, Florida, and Wisconsin governors see large overlap in higher education platforms
- Florida governor candidates spar over higher education funding
- U of Texas political tensions to come to a head in legislative hearings this spring
- Is U. of Texas at Austin president being forced out?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories