The 2013 University of Louisville Grawemeyer Award for Ideas Improving World Order is going to the authors of a book on non-violence. Erica Chenoweth, assistant professor at the University of Denver, and Maria Stephan, a foreign affairs officer with the U.S. State Department, were honored for Why Civil Resistance Works: The Strategic Logic of Non-Violent Conflict, published by Columbia University Press published the book in 2011. The award is worth $100,000.
- Quick Takes: Judge Backs Expelled Student, Hawaii Governor Ordered to Appoint New Regents, Campus Faces 2 Student Deaths in a Week, Harvard's $600M Bond Issue, Education Secretary Speculation, Graweymer in Religion
- Quick Takes: Court Upholds Punishment Over MySpace Degree Denial, Union Students End India Trip Early, Harvard Reveals Its Losses, Demise of a Scholarship Program, Grawemeyer in Education
- 'Tea' Author in Hot Water
- Quick Takes: Jury Awards $19M to Former Fresno Coach, Woods Hole Sued by Anti-Evolution Biologist, Poll on Immigrant Tuition, Students Without Mumps Shots Banned, Speech Codes, Grawemeyer in Religion
- Math Geek Mom: Nonviolence in Winter
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories