- Lumina-funded group seeks to lead conversation on competency-based education
- Northern Arizona University's new competency-based degrees and transcripts
- University of Maine at Presque Isle drops grades for proficiencies across its curriculums
- Feds move ahead with experimental sites for competency-based education
- Competency-Based Education 2.0
The University of Wisconsin System on Wednesday released details about its new competency-based degree offerings, an effort the system first announced in July. Next year campuses will offer degree and certificate programs that are grounded in a series of assessments designed to test student mastery. And the UW Colleges, which are the system's two-year institutions, will offer general education courses in the new competency-based "UW Flexible Option" format. Students will be able to take assessments based not just on self-paced coursework, but on knowledge gained through military and on-the-job training as well as other learning experiences, including MOOCs, the system said.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories