Faculty and student leaders who have expressed a lack of confidence in the Rev. Lawrence Biondi, president of Saint Louis University, had been trying to patch things up with the president and the board, which backs him. But The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that a leaked memo to trustees has inflamed tensions. In the letter, posted to the Facebook group "SLU Students for No Confidence," the board chair urges fellow trustees not to talk to the press and to trust the advice of an outside public relations firm hired to help calm the situation. Comments posted to the site suggest that Father Biondi's critics are furious at the idea that the controversy at the university is a situation that can be managed by image consultants.
- Controversial Vice President Resigns at Saint Louis U.
- A Conciliatory Message From President at Saint Louis U.
- No Confidence Vote at Saint Louis U.
- Survey Is New Source of Tension at Saint Louis U.
- Saint Louis U. Faculty Senate Votes No Confidence in President
- Saint Louis U. faculty and board at stalemate over fate of president and vice president
- Sharing or Plagiarizing?
- Linking outcomes assessment to grading could build faculty support (essay)
Search for Jobs