Bobby Ukrop, a longtime supporter and trustee of the University of Richmond has quit the board amid debate over the institution's plan to replace soccer and track teams with lacrosse, The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported. He resigned after the board refused to reconsider the decision.
- Quick Takes: Dead Bear With Obama Posters Left on Campus, More Criticism for VCU, Education Doctorates, Tops in Enrollment, Madison's Quest for Military Historian, Interim Leader Quits at Miss. State, Fake Degrees Probed, McGill Chancellor Called Racist
- Quick Takes: Inquiry at VCU Blasted, Ponzi Scheme at Miami, Postdoc Union, Community College Data, Scientists Who Share, For-Profit Regulation, Governor Gives Up Football Tickets, Court Loss for Men's Sports Backers, New Naming Rules in British Columbia
- Quick Takes: Physicists Affirm Stance on Climate Change, Resignations at VCU, Tuition Cut at Salt Lake CC, Building Capacity for Study Abroad, Australia's Segregated Campuses
- Quick Takes: Economics Nobel, Another Speech Furor at Columbia, Rushdie to Emory, Strike Averted at Harper, Suit to Block Coeducation, CollegeNET vs. XAP, North Dakota Sues NCAA, Eating Disorders
- Quick Takes: Punishments in VCU Degree Scandal, College Tries to Find Anonymous Critic, Fresno State to Pay $605K to Ex-Coach, Missing Regents at Morgan, Ethics and Football Tickets, Town vs. Gown, Cats vs. Coyotes, Campaign Silliness
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories