- Auburn President's Permanent No Comment
- Contract negotiations put Morgan State, University of Iowa presidents in tenuous positions
- Fiscal Prudence or Scare Tactics
- Controversy and important questions around UConn's proposal to limit outside credits
- Ask the Administrator: Waiting for the Official Offer
Much mystery still surrounds last month's unexplained decision by the Morgan State University board to first announce that it was not renewing the contract of David Wilson as president, and then -- following considerable outcry on campus -- to give him a one-year extension. A memo by the board chair, Dallas R. Evans, outlines his views, and they are quite critical, The Baltimore Sun reported. "He does not provide the inspiring and insightful leadership the university requires nor has he created a clear and consistent vision for the campus," said the memo. It also accused Wilson of siding with the state and against Morgan State supporters who have sued, charging that Maryland is not providing appropriate support for its historically black colleges. The memo also says that Wilson is responsible for the "turmoil that has beset the Morgan community over the last four weeks," with Evans saying that he had "sufficient reason to believe that Dr. Wilson was involved in its orchestration." Evans and Wilson both declined to comment on the memo, which was leaked to the Sun.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories