Officials of the Palestinian Authority, which does not control Gaza, are criticizing Al-Aqsa University, which is located there, for adopting a dress code for female students, Ma'an reported. Women will be required to wear "Islamic" attire, but officials said that need not be a full body or head covering, but must involve modesty. The university says that the vast majority of women on campus already dress appropriately, and that lectures would be used to encourage others to change their attire. Palestinian Authority officials said that the rules conflict with guarantees of personal freedom that are part of Palestinian law.
- College leaders need to reframe discussion of value (essay)
- Winona State Dean Fired for Inappropriate Interaction With Students
- Punishments in Harvard Cheating Scandal
- Chinese Minority Scholar Blocked From Coming to U.S.
- Obama proposes compromise with religious colleges on contraception mandate
- Free online course providers pair up with credit-bearing exams
- Desire2Learn experiences major service stoppage
- Male students at Dillard U to wear suits on first day of class
Search for Jobs