Northern Illinois University has fired Donald Grady as police chief, The Chicago Tribune reported. Grady was hailed as a hero for his response to a campus shooting five years ago, but his dismissal follows reports of police misconduct in a rape case. Grady is planning to appeal the dismissal.
- 6 Killed in Northern Illinois Shooting
- Live From Another Stunned Campus...
- Supreme Court rejects appeal from Ward Churchill
- Quick Takes: $175,000 Awarded for Lost Notes, Police Kill Seton Hill Student, Administrator on Leave for Apparent Bike Theft, Suit Charges Harassment by a VP, Remembering Tragedies at NIU and Va. Tech, Obama Effect on Canada, Historians Rank Presidents
- U of Chicago calls off classes due to threat of gun violence and other campus safety developments
- Questions raised by firing of tenured professor at U. of Illinois
- Don't Mention Virginia Tech
- Quick Takes: DuPage President Ousted, Race and Educational Attainment in Canada, Ala. Judge Reinstates Fired Community College President, College of Lake County to Arm Police
Search for Jobs