The University of Central Florida announced last week that it is suspending most fraternity and sorority activities while an investigation proceeds into two Greek groups for alleged violation of rules against hazing and alcohol abuse, The Orlando Sentinel reported. Many students in the fraternity and sorority systems are complaining about the move, but university officials said it was necessary to send a message. In the last three years, the university has found violations of hazing rules three times and of alcohol rules 13 times.
- Brutal Haze
- Florida A&M death illuminates prevalence of non-Greek hazing
- A Call to End Pledging
- U. of Idaho dean of students resigns after failed attempt to punish fraternity
- Greek councils, administrators clash over how to sanction fraternities
- Observations From the Frat Subreddit
- How widespread are the issues facing fraternities?
- Renewed Fight on Fraternities
Search for Jobs