The University of Maryland University College on Tuesday announced a partnership with Walgreens that features a 25 percent discount on out-of-state tuition for all employees of the drug-store chain, as well as for their spouses and dependents. The university is also waiving application fees for Walgreens' employees. The company last week announced its Walgreens University, through which employees will have access to several higher education providers. And Walgreens is doubling its spending on employee education.
Partnerships between corporations and institutions with substantial online degree offerings appear to be on the rise, and the new agreement is similar in some ways to the relationship between the American Public University System and Walmart.
- Walmart and American Public U. chart new ground with partnership
- Walmart expands to college campuses
- Champlain College expands in online adult learner market
- Starbucks announces it will pay for employees to take junior and senior years at Arizona State online
- 'Conventional' online universities consider strategic response to MOOCs
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories