- Connecticut legislature mulls elimination of remedial courses
- Connecticut merges community colleges and four-year system
- Buyout offer to 2-year-college presidents stirs unrest in Connecticut
- New Presidents or Provosts: California Lutheran U., Fayetteville State U., Kalamazoo College, Manchester CC, Mercyhurst College, Ottawa U., Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
- New Programs: Leadership, Career Colleges, Environmental Science, Law and Aging, Arts Education, Prosthetics and Orthotics
Connecticut's Manchester Community College has decided to end its three remaining sports programs, citing a desire to use the program's $370,000 annual costs for other purposes given its limited resources, the Hartford Courant reported. Manchester's decision, which President Gena Glickman said she made reluctantly given that athletics is an important "access point" for students who tend to graduate at a high rate, will leave Gateway Community College as the only two-year institution in the state with a sports program, down from nine two decades ago, the Courant said.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories