The University of the Rockies has transferred a "substantial presence" of its personnel and operations to the domain of its regional accreditor, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges, according to a corporate filing from Bridgepoint Education Inc., which owns the university. The university is based in Colorado Springs, which is in the commission's territory, but Bridgepoint's corporate headquarters is in San Diego, which is not. The for-profit institution made the move to meet the commission's presence requirements, which have also been an issue for Bridgepoint's Ashford University.
- Ashford Clears Another Accreditation Hurdle
- More Accreditation Problems for Ashford U.
- Accreditor Puts Ashford on Notice
- For-profit Ashford University loses accreditation bid
- Looking West
- Virginia Rector Challenges Accusations That She Overstepped in Setting Goals
- Presidents struggle with messaging, practicality in campus gun debate
- Scholars discuss how to define and evaluate 'education hubs'
Search for Jobs