- Pitzer will sell holdings in fossil fuel companies
- Fossil fuel divestment movement is picking up steam and unlikely to go away
- Pitzer's approach to divestment: as much as possible, but not yet all
- Essay on why one college stopped investing in fossil fuels
- Swarthmore tries to estimate the price of fossil fuel divestment
The College of the Atlantic announced this week that its board voted to sell all fossil-fuel-related investments. The move follows a student push -- at that college and elsewhere -- to sell investments in companies whose businesses they believe are harmful to the environment. A spokeswoman for the college said that the total endowment is about $30 million and that the value of investments sold to comply with the policy was just under $1 million.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories