Winners of Bancroft Prize Announced
March 19, 2013
Columbia University on Monday announced two winners of the Bancroft Prize for books about history. The winners are:
- W. Jeffrey Bolster, associate professor of history at the University of New Hampshire, for The Mortal Sea: Fishing the Atlantic in the Age of Sail (Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2012).
- John Fabian Witt, Allen H. Duffy Class of 1960 Professor of Law at Yale University, for Lincoln’s Code: The Laws of War in American History (Free Press, 2012).
- Guest Blog: On the 150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address
- Quick Takes: Rollins Drops Admissions Test Requirement, Scholars Win Pulitzers, 24 Community Colleges Added to 'Achieving the Dream'
- Quick Takes: ETS to Pay Millions for Errors in Teacher Test, Pell Recipients Up 33% Since 2000, Bancroft Prizes, Actors Studio Will Start MFA at Pace, Abortion Compromise at Bowling Green, Ontario 2-Year College Strike Continues, Bob Jones Bars Starbucks
- 3 Historians Win Bancrofts
- Quick Takes: Remark Costs Instructor a Job, Gender Gap in Salaries, Suit Against Western Ky. Blocked, Hunger Strike Ends at Stanford, Tensions at Miss. Valley, End of Career Education Probe, Prof Accused of Hoax, Clark and Bancroft Awards
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Ann Arbor, MI
Wichita Falls, TX
Founded in 1852, Tufts University is recognized among the premier universities in the United States. Tufts enjoys a global reputation for academic...
Welcome to San José State University! San José State University is a major, comprehensive public university located in the center of San José and in...