Winners of Bancroft Prize Announced
March 19, 2013
Columbia University on Monday announced two winners of the Bancroft Prize for books about history. The winners are:
- W. Jeffrey Bolster, associate professor of history at the University of New Hampshire, for The Mortal Sea: Fishing the Atlantic in the Age of Sail (Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2012).
- John Fabian Witt, Allen H. Duffy Class of 1960 Professor of Law at Yale University, for Lincoln’s Code: The Laws of War in American History (Free Press, 2012).
- NHA speakers implore humanities scholars to fight for their fields
- 3 Historians Win Bancroft Honor
- Daniels Begins Cost-Cutting at Purdue
- Thunderbird and Laureate Team to Create Global Campuses and Programs
- Med School Agrees to End Bias Against Students With Hepatitis B
- Law School Offers 'Assured Outcomes'
- Essay on the people who made one student welcome at a university
- Study suggests bias to blame for scientific advisory board gender gap
Search for Jobs
Old Westbury, NY
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
PILANI, RAJASTHAN, India
La Plata, MD
East Carolina University, a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, is a doctoral institution with an enrollment of nearly 28,...
The Northern Wyoming Community College District is northern Wyoming’s educational epicenter. Encompassing three separate counties, and serving an...