South Carolina's attorney general has ordered Richard Routh, a professor at the University of South Carolina Upstate, to stop seeking investors for his business, Invictus University, the Associated Press reported. A cease and desist order accused Routh of selling unregistered securities. But Routh says that the business doesn't exist and that the website for the university, which he took down, was partly for a class project.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Argosy U., Argosy U.-D.C. campus, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Coppin State U., Lincoln U. (Mo.), Seton Hall U., Technical College of the Lowcountry, U. of California-Santa Cruz, Walden U., Western Mindanao State U.
- Cuomo Targets Fire Back
- Administrators Break NCAA Rules at South Carolina
- New Programs: Pharmacy, Law, African-American Studies
- Quick Takes: Sallie Mae Eyes Private Loan Growth, More Scrutiny of Pharmaceutical Ties, Another Student Paper in Trouble, Doctorates That Aren't Doctorates, Concerns on 9/11 Scholarships, Caucus for Black Colleges, Law Profs' Campaign Contributions
- Colleges as Political Playthings - Part 2
- American Studies Association seeks to broaden public image after boycott
- New Presidents or Provosts: Capital U., Glendale CC, Middle Tennessee State U., Newberry College, Owens CC, St. Gregory's U., School of Visual Arts, U. of Hartford, Webster U.
Search for Jobs