The American Association of University Professors has issued a statement condemning the recent Senate vote to bar the National Science Foundation from supporting most work in political science. The statement said that "efforts by politicians to restrict research support for certain disciplines" are "misguided" and that they threaten "the integrity of the rigorous scientific review process used by federal agencies to fund research that advances knowledge."
- Lost Academic Freedom
- Picking on Social Science
- Obama's Pledge to Science
- Senate vote prompts discussion among political scientists about their political strategy
- NSF releases guidelines for complying with law barring support for political science
- Academic Freedom and Evolution
- Social scientists are alarmed by new legislation on NSF grants
- Does academic freedom mean researchers need not reveal their funding sources?
Search for Jobs