The Iowa Senate on Monday rejected two nominees of Governor Terry Branstad, a Republican, for the Board of Regents, The Des Moines Register reported. The votes were largely along party lines, with Democrats opposing the nominees, who fell short of the two-thirds majority required for confirmation. Critics of the nominees cited concerns over whether they would be supportive of academic freedom, but Branstad and other Republicans said that the nominees were treated unfairly.
- Contract negotiations put Morgan State, University of Iowa presidents in tenuous positions
- Higher ed, especially tuition, an issue in governors races
- Quick Takes: Athletics vs. Academics, NIH Bill Passes, Data on Technology Issues, Anger in Iowa, Introducing Randolph College, New Panel on Visas and Security, Indiana Boosts Aid
- Application for U. of Iowa Presidency
- Lousiana lawmakers wanted more authority over the state higher ed chief, now they may give it back
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories