Fifteen people were stabbed by a studentat Lone Star College's CyFair campus Tuesday, The Houston Chronicle reported. The college closed the campus for the day after the late morning stabbings. The seriousness of the injuries varied, and some of those attacked are hospitalized.
Authorities told CNN that the student admitted to having fantasies of killing people and of having planned the attack.
- Recent incidents point to challenges of community colleges in facing safety issues
- New Presidents or Provosts: American U. of Beirut, Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Lone Star College-Cyfair, U. of Texas-Brownsville/Texas Southmost College
- Quick Takes: Deadly Shooting in Montreal, $5.25 Million Settlement in Mankato Crash, Expense Report Brings Down Omaha Chancellor, Fact Finding at Eastern Michigan, Approval for Founders College, CUNY's Largest Gift, College Football's Tonya Harding?
- The Attack That Wasn't
- Live From Another Stunned Campus...
- Knifed Over a Grade
- Essay on one of the most challenging 24 hours faced by a journalism program director
- Quick Takes: $101 Million Arts Gift at Princeton, Indictment for Lab Arson, Bridgewater Students Charged in Stabbing, President Quits Troubled Medical University, '2020 Vision' for NSF, Does Higher Ed Encourage Belief in Ghosts?
Search for Jobs