- Rutgers president faces controversy on multiple fronts, including athletics
- String of unseemly revelations about Rutgers athletic staff calls vetting process into question
- Rutgers says it didn't have cause to fire Rice. Contract suggests otherwise
- After months of controversy, a $90,000 bonus for Rutgers's president
- Report shows how Rutgers botched handling of former coach, reiterates 5-year-old recommendations to improve athletics
Rutgers University President Robert Barchi -- already under fire over the scandal over an abusive basketball coach who many think should have been fired before he was -- is facing "a growing revolt" at the university's Newark campus, The Star-Ledger reported. Students and faculty members say that Barchi has favored the New Brunswick campus, denying Newark the resources that it needs. At an open forum at Newark on Monday, Barchi planned to talk about the development of a new strategic plan for the university. But he was interrupted by attendees who said they were unimpressed by his presentation and tired of their concerns not being addressed. Some at the meeting carried signs calling for Barchi's ouster. He said that he fully supports the Newark campus, although he didn't seem to convince the audience.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories