San Jose State University last fall began offering its students an online engineering course from edX, a provider of massive open online courses. The course was designed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and hosted on the edX platform, but taught by faculty from San Jose State. Now that course will be available to students from as many as 11 other campuses in the California State University System, the university announced Wednesday. San Jose State is also creating a Center for Excellence in Adaptive and Blended Learning to train faculty members from other campuses. And the university will soon offer other edX courses to its students, university officials said, including ones in the humanities, business and social sciences.
- Harvard professors demand greater role in oversight of edX
- Citing disappointing student outcomes, San Jose State pauses work with Udacity
- Faculty members at San Jose State U. urge outside review of institution's governance
- A look inside edX's learning laboratory (essay)
- Harvard joins MIT in platform to offer massive online courses
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories