Hundreds of employees at Bergen Community College apparently overpaid their New Jersey and federal taxes for years, The Bergen Record reported. The overpayments were the result of incorrect calculations about life insurance policies that are covered by the W-2 forms employees receive to do their taxes. The college has issued new W-2 forms and is advising employees that they may want to file amended returns for prior years.
- A Bill from FEMA
- Why It Matters How You Are Paid
- IRS Gives In on Medical Residents
- Quick Takes: Tax Issue for 10-Month Profs, Sallie Mae Pledges Loans for All, 9-Week TA Strike at McGill May End, Dartmouth Alumni Reject Suit, Out With the Old, Bill Clinton Pulls Out of UCLA Speech, Graduation on the Road
- Setback for Academic Medical Centers
- High Court to Hear Tax Case
- All That Money -- What Next?
- Warning for College Student Voters
Search for Jobs