- Florida Atlantic rehires adjunct at center of controversy over class exercise
- Interview with professor at center of 'Jesus' debate at Florida Atlantic
- Essay on Florida Atlantic University and academic freedom
- Why was the FAU student suspended in the 'Jesus' case?
- The professor whose exercise caused the 'stomp on Jesus' controversy
A faculty committee at Florida Atlantic University has found that the institution compromised academic freedom by banning the use of an exercise in which students were told to write "Jesus" on a piece of paper and to step on it, The Palm Beach Post reported. The use of such an exercise -- those recommended in a nationally recognized textbook, and though the intent is not for students to step on the paper -- set off a controversy in the state. Subsequently, the university said it would ban the exercise. Florida Atlantic administrators said that they supported academic freedom, but they refused to answer questions about their ban on the class lesson.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories