A fraternity video in which a student appeared in blackface has sparked outrage at the University of California at Irvine, CBS Los Angeles reported. The student in blackface is portraying the rapper Jay-Z, and the video was made to welcome new members of the Lambda Theta Delta fraternity. “We sincerely apologize if we offended anyone whatsoever," said the fraternity's president. "On behalf of my brothers who were involved in the video, know that it was unintentional. But unintentional or not we do know that it was wrong."
- Students build fraternity on Muslim values
- Several Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapters accused of racism in recent years
- Amherst bans membership in underground fraternities
- Should colleges ban fraternities and sororities?
- How widespread are the issues facing fraternities?
- Whose House? Colgate's House
- Loss for Frat at Colgate
- A Coach Goes Too Far
Search for Jobs