The Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation has donated $15 million to the City University of New York's New Community College, which will be renamed in honor of the Guttmans. The new college is based on a number of curricular innovations designed to promote high completion and transfer rates. The foundation also gave CUNY another $10 million for other community college efforts.
There is some dispute over the largest gift to a community college, but by some measures CUNY's newest community college may now have a claim, and it certainly has one of the largest of such donations.
- $400 million gift to Harvard sets off debate about philanthropy to wealthy institutions
- Harvard Receives $350M Gift for Public Health
- Small College in Mississippi Will Close
- Record Gift to a Community College
- Ohio's largest community college receives unprecedented gift for humanities program
- $400M Gift Will Endow Harvard's Engineering College
- New Presidents or Provosts: Bethel U., Brooklyn College, Indiana State U., Morgan CC, Prairie State College, Rowan-Cabarrus CC, U. of Texas Southwestern Medical Center-Dallas, Youngstown State U.
- Renaming of NYU's engineering school after donors irks some students and faculty
Search for Jobs