The Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation has donated $15 million to the City University of New York's New Community College, which will be renamed in honor of the Guttmans. The new college is based on a number of curricular innovations designed to promote high completion and transfer rates. The foundation also gave CUNY another $10 million for other community college efforts.
There is some dispute over the largest gift to a community college, but by some measures CUNY's newest community college may now have a claim, and it certainly has one of the largest of such donations.
- $400 million gift to Harvard sets off debate about philanthropy to wealthy institutions
- Ohio's largest community college receives unprecedented gift for humanities program
- The Missing Black Men
- Quick Takes: Deadly Shooting in Montreal, $5.25 Million Settlement in Mankato Crash, Expense Report Brings Down Omaha Chancellor, Fact Finding at Eastern Michigan, Approval for Founders College, CUNY's Largest Gift, College Football's Tonya Harding?
- New Presidents or Provosts: Bethel U., Brooklyn College, Indiana State U., Morgan CC, Prairie State College, Rowan-Cabarrus CC, U. of Texas Southwestern Medical Center-Dallas, Youngstown State U.
- Renaming of NYU's engineering school after donors irks some students and faculty
- New Presidents or Provosts: Chicago State U., Davenport U., Hostos CC, Pittsburg State U., Sarah Lawrence College, South Dakota State U., Stetson U.
- Targeting Time Toward Degree
Search for Jobs