George Wasson on Monday resigned as president of the Meramec campus of the St. Louis Community College, effective immediately, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. The college has been under intense criticism for its handling of an assault on a female student. The alleged attacker -- who has since been arrested -- was originally released with just a verbal warning, infuriating not only the victim and her family, but many others on the campus.
- Duke faculty reject plan for it to join online consortium
- Obama Pledges Support for Science and Peer Review
- New presidents provosts: Columbia Chicago McDaniel NCCU Southern Miss Southwestern UC-Denver USciences UT-Arlington
- FAFSA changes recognized many kinds of parents
- Out-of-state enrollment decreases minority, low-income student enrollment
- Did College Take Attack on Student Seriously Enough?
- Report Criticizes College's Handling of Assault
- Interview with author of book on civil rights activism in Mississippi
Search for Jobs