An open letter from 1,000 Australian academics to Prime Minister Julia Gillard, published today in newspapers across that country, calls for an end to cuts in spending at universities, The Australian reported. "Universities have made by far and away the largest saving contributions of any federal budget line item," the letter says. "We feel betrayed and taken for granted. Your government's cuts fundamentally jeopardize the future of our sector."
- British higher education faces tension over foreign student immigration
- Academic extremism could hurt Australian universities, minister warns
- Students rally against Hungary's plans for higher education
- Australian government considers cutting higher ed regulation
- Quick Takes: Senate Rejects Earmark Ban, 2 Years of Broken Fire Alarms, Resignations and Probes Follow Tenure Denial, Protest Over Indian Team Name, Lake City Ends Athletics, Lehigh Adds Aid, Australia's Spellings Commission Equivalent
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories