Students and faculty members say that security officials at Providence College regularly engage in racial profiling, the Associated Press reported. Black and Latino students say that they are followed by campus security and required to produce identification in situations in which white students don't face similar demands. A college spokesman said that Providence has "moved swiftly" to deal with the concerns, and is requiring security staff members to go through "cultural competency" training.
- Public university accountability system expands ways to report student learning
- New Procedures for Verifying Student Visas
- Community colleges expand outreach to alumni
- Essay suggests that MOOCs are losing their original worthy goals
- Chancellor Says Davis 'Moving Swiftly' on Issues Raised by Report
- Controversial President to Step Down at Saint Louis U.
- More Evidence of Economic Value of College Degrees
- U. of Texas System postpones implementation of employee disclosure policy
Search for Jobs