- Quick Takes: Details on Language Efforts, UMass Phasing Out Race-Specific Housing, Loan Regulations, Gay Activists Arrested at Liberty, Oregon Backs Away From Diversity Rule, Shifts at Rutgers, Texas Students Killed, Mont. Board Chair Quits
- Arrest of Black Professor Infuriates Colleagues
- Should colleges' crime alerts include reference to the race of suspects?
- Ethnic Profiling Alleged at Georgetown
- Demand for degrees grows in many fields that haven't required them
Students and faculty members say that security officials at Providence College regularly engage in racial profiling, the Associated Press reported. Black and Latino students say that they are followed by campus security and required to produce identification in situations in which white students don't face similar demands. A college spokesman said that Providence has "moved swiftly" to deal with the concerns, and is requiring security staff members to go through "cultural competency" training.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories