Florida State University has canceled a summer study abroad program to Israel due to concerns about "escalating military action between Israel and Syria," the Tallahassee Democrat reported. A university spokesman, Keith Bromery, said the decision only affects this summer's program at this point, and that the university will reevaluate safety conditions for next year.
- MESA's Committee on Academic Freedom has rejected boycotts, while condemning abuses in Israel and beyond
- Why no MOOCs on Gaza?
- Strategies on Academic Freedom
- Scholars raise questions about free academic study tours to Israel
- California State debates whether to resume study abroad in Israel
- Organizations make $2 million commitment to aid Syrian students and scholars.
- Essay: Turmoil in the Middle East demonstrates why American colleges should expand ties to the region
- Arab uprisings push U.S. students from Egypt to Lebanon
Search for Jobs