Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a Republican, is seeking the right to sell buildings on University of Wisconsin campuses, as well as buildings owned by other units of the state, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. Some legislators and student groups are opposing the plan. They note that, in the case of some facilities, buildings were paid for by student fees with the understanding that they would be used for students. Further, the governor's plan does not require that proceeds from any sales go to the university, so a campus could lose control of a building and gain no revenue.
- Gov. Scott Walker mixes it up on higher education, generating national headlines
- Defeat for Academic Labor
- 'Drafting error,' or gubernatorial assault on expansive view of higher ed in Wisconsin
- Reversals in Wisconsin
- Aftermath of for-profit fight in Wisconsin
- Flexibility -- But for (and From) Whom?
- Guns in the college classroom
- Protests, debates
Search for Jobs