Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a Republican, is seeking the right to sell buildings on University of Wisconsin campuses, as well as buildings owned by other units of the state, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. Some legislators and student groups are opposing the plan. They note that, in the case of some facilities, buildings were paid for by student fees with the understanding that they would be used for students. Further, the governor's plan does not require that proceeds from any sales go to the university, so a campus could lose control of a building and gain no revenue.
- Faculty Worry About Lobbying by Next President of New Mexico State
- 'Redshirting' engineering programs gain popularity
- New ETS test on non-academic skills
- Essay on crowdsourcing the humanities curriculum
- Essay on running successful searches in higher education
- Studies challenge the findings of 'Academically Adrift'
- Wisconsin System Chief Would Quit If Cuts Aren't Reduced
- Study challenges data and ideas behind grade inflation in higher education
Search for Jobs