The website of Renmin University, in China, has experienced unprecedented traffic (and has crashed as a result) because of a photograph of an attractive woman who recently graduated, The South China Morning Post reported. While the photograph is not the least bit risqué by American standards, it is quite unusual for a Chinese university's website. The photograph has prompted considerable debate in China, with some praising it and others wondering if it is shifting attention away from academic issues.
- The Chinese Perspective
- New book explores achievements and challenges of China's 'rising research universities'
- Red Hot China
- Quick Takes: Shift Copyright Rules on Video in Classes, Hunger Strike at Purdue, Leprechaun Skeptic Expelled, Imitating Princeton's Web Site, Flaws in India's Higher Ed System, Cambridge Turns to Endowment Managers, Grawemeyer for World Order
- Chinese nationals indicted for elaborate cheating scheme on standardized admissions tests
- After 15 years of expanding its presence in China, Bryant University plans branch in Zhuhai
- Officials at U.S. universities in China tell Congress they have protected academic freedom
- Wielding Wikipedia
Search for Jobs