- William Peace University may bet $21 million of its $33 million endowment on one shopping center
- Georgian Court plan to admit men points to rate at which women's colleges are going coed
- Quick Takes: St. Andrews vs. Its Accreditor, Harsh Evaluation Costs University a Gift, Audit Criticizes North Carolina A
- At William Peace, departing president is criticized by many but loved by the board
- The New Endowment Portfolio
Some alumni and others are questioning a plan by William Peace University to use two-thirds of its $33 million endowment to buy a retail center adjacent to campus, The Raleigh News & Observer reported. University officials said that the center would provide income now and could at some point in the future provide facilities for expanding the university. Others question devoting so much of the university's endowment to the project. Still others have raised questions about the university's refusal to release the names of the trustees who voted on the matter.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories