American research universities are coming under increasing cyberattacks, most likely from China, forcing them to step up security, The New York Times reported. The article cites institutions facing as many as 100,000 hacking attempts a day, and quotes an Educause official saying that the attacks have "outpaced our ability to respond."
- Pennsylvania State U cyberattacks possibly part of larger trend, experts say
- Chinese Contradictions
- Who Leads?
- Robust vs. secure
- 'Open Doors' report finds increases in international enrollment, study abroad
- Senate Higher Ed Bill Emerges (Slowly)
- Internet Security: A Sisyphean Task?
- International 'Leapfrogging'
Search for Jobs